July 16, 2015
Photos Courtesy of Denim Première Vision
Milan, Italy – An intensive but exciting project finally comes to its crowning achievement: the awards ceremony of the second edition of ISKO I-SKOOL™, the denim talent award promoted by ISKO™ and its style and design division CREATIVE ROOM™, celebrated talent with a glamorous fashion night in Milan, “Blue Starry Night”. For the occasion and for the first time, Denim Première Vision gave its own prize: the “Promising Talent Award by Denim Première Vision”.
It was a very special event to sum up and express an entire academic year of activity for the two contests of ISKO I-SKOOL™, one for designers and one for marketing professionals. On November 26, the new edition was launched on London at the event called “Creative Futures”, powered by WGSN.
At the time, around 40,000 students received the ISKO I-SKOOL™ brief.
The Denim Design Award involved the schools Ual Chelsea (London, UK), ESMOD (Munich, Germany), Istituto Marangoni (Milan, Italy), Polimoda (Florence, Italy), IUAV (Venice, Italy), University of Westminster (London, UK), Artesis Plantijn University College (Antwerp, BE), SCAD (Savannah, USA) and FIDM (Los Angeles, USA). Students were challenged to create denim garments according to four moods: Bohemian Blue, Couture Denim, Active Jeanswear and Future Fit. Then CREATIVE ROOM™, which led the operational part of the project, shortlisted the best work of students and invited them to the CREATIVE ROOM™ showroom in Castelfranco Veneto (Italy) to learn how to improve their denim creations.
The Denim Marketing Award, tutored by the communications agency Menabò Group, challenged students to design a strategic market plan and define the technical actions needed to communicate the importance of ingredients in the definition of the final denim garment. The students came from the following schools: AMFI (Amsterdam, NL), Polimoda (Florence, Italy), Sapienza (Rome, Italy), University of Pisa (Pisa, Italy), AMD (Düsseldorf, DE), VIAMODA (Warsaw, PL).
The ISKO I-SKOOL™ project confirms its leading role in the industry; the specialized partners are major organizations: the trade show Denim Première Vision together with Archroma, Lenzing, Tonello, Cadica Group, Caitac Garment Processing, C&S, BPD Wash House and Manifattura Italiana Cucirini.
And once again, the exclusive partners are truly prestigious: the brands True Religion, Lee, Replay, Haikure and 3×1, together with accessories and jewelry players Swarovski and Stroili, and the notebook brand MOLESKINE®.
COMPLETE LIST OF WINNERS
– DENIM DESIGN AWARD: – Bohemian Blue: Sophie Gauden (Artesis Plantijn Univ. College), awarded by Replay.
– COUTURE DENIM: Chia Yi Hung (ESMOD Munich), awarded by CREATIVE ROOM™.
– ACTIVE JEANSWEAR: Violante Toscani (Polimoda), awarded by LEE.
– FUTURE FIT: Franziska Meierhoefer (ESMOD Munich), awarded by haikure.
For the Denim Design Award, in addition to the main challenge there are other five Special Awards, offered by the partners:
– SWAROVSKI ‘Design with Crystal Elements’: Alessandra Maffei (Istituto Marangoni)
– STROLLI ‘Bling Bling Denim’: Niccolò Pasqualetti (IUAV)
– PROMISING TALENT by Denim Première Vision: Nina Riedl (ESMOD Munich)
– CREATIVE GARMENT COMMUNICATION DESIGNER by Cadica: Tobia Cecchin (IUAV)
– BEST WASH by Tonello, Archroma and Lenzing: Niccolò Pasqualetti (IUAV)
And three Special Prizes:
– ISKO I-SKOOL™ Special Prize by MIC – Best Sewing Thread: Regina Meier (ESMOD Munich)
– BEST WEST COAST INTERPRETATION: Rychie Zeng (FIDM).
– BEST EAST COAST INTERPRETATION – Megan Sparks (SCAD)
Among all schools, Violante Toscani (Polimoda) resulted as best and will be invited to be part of the jury for the next edition of ISKO I-SKOOL™.
– DENIM MARKETING AWARD Winner for Sapienza University: Alessandra Raio Winner for Pisa University: Laura Hollister Winner for Polimoda: Julie Sigmund Winner for AMD: Patricia Simon Winner for AMFI: Franziska Sauerwein Winners for VIAMODA: Joanna Olkowska, Natalia Barbara Pustelnik, Paulina Platek, Klara Faustyna Ogielska. Among all schools, two students resulted as best for the Denim Marketing Award, representing the two different approaches that have characterized the competiton: as best student for marketing approach Alessandra Raio (Sapienza University) was picked, and as best student for fashion approach Franziska Sauerwein (AMFI) has been chosen.