SERBIA FASHION WEEK SOLIDIFIES POSITION AS
4th LARGEST FASHION WEEK IN EUROPE
NOVEMBER 26, 2015
By Marcellous L. Jones
Photos Courtesy of Serbia Fashion Week
Paris, France – The Spring/Summer 2016 edition of the Serbia Fashion Week recently concluded as the biggest and quantifiably the most successful season yet, for the young organization.
Over a five-day period, the Serbia Fashion Week organized a total of 49 fashion shows and received more 30,000 visitors (promotional pre-events included). Beauty.com
During this time the city of Novi Sad, where the fashion week is held twice a year, played host to national and international designers from countries such as the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Greece, the Ukraine, etc.; local, regional, national and international press; and to the presidents of eight fashion weeks coming from the United States, Canada and Europe.
During a crowded press conference SFW President, Mrs. Svetlana Horvat, signed cooperation and exchange protocols with several new partners including the Los Angeles Fashion Week; Washington, D.C. Fashion Week; Athens Xclusive Fashion Week; Fééric Fashion Week (Romania); Baku Fashion Week (Azerbaijan); and the Art Heart Fashion, which is an official platform to show designers at New York Fashion Week and Miami Fashion Week.
The legendary international fashion journalist, Marie-Ange Horlaville of TV5 Monde, attended the fashion week as guest of honor. Other prominent fashion experts from Europe joined her.
Mrs. Camille Guerfi Hamel from Paris and who has background as a global digital communications manager for prestigious international references including Chanel, Christian Dior, Make Up For Ever and Paco Rabanne, participated in the international education series as guest speaker. Christophe Briolin, who is also from Paris, also participated in the educational series. Briolin is a specialist in the distribution of luxury ready-to-wear in Russia, Central Asia and in the Middle East.
Donald Potard, former C.E.O. at fashion houses Jean-Paul Gaultier, Emanuel Ungaro and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, returned to the SFW to preside as president of the FTDC (Fashion Talent Design Competition) and EFTDC (European Fashion Talent Design Competition).
As always, the catwalk of the SFW attracted international media outlets including the following:
- Vogue Talents (Italy)
- Best Dressed Man on the Planet (USA)
- Fashion Insider (USA)
- Fashion One TV (Hong Kong)
- Fashion Channel (Italy)
- Eclectic Magazine (UK)
- Modelboard Magazine (The Netherlands)
- El Shakira Magazine (Saudi Arabia)
ADDITIONAL RESULTS OF THE SERBIA FASHION WEEK
- Bata Spasojevic, winner of the best male collection at the Serbia Fashion Awards, has been selected to show his next collection at the New York Fashion Week in February 2016;
- Bosko Jankovljevic has been selected to show his collection at the next edition of the Washington, DC Fashion Week;
- This season special guest fashion house & internationally renowned swimwear and underwear brand, ES Collection, announced at the Serbia Fashion Awards that its next international campaigns for both its ES COLLECTION and ADDICTED brands will feature models from the Serbia Fashion Week;
- ES Collection plans are currently in development for the brand to shoot both campaigns in Novi Sad;
- Ivana Misic, won the national FTDC competition and will represent Serbia at the next edition of the Fashion Clash in Maastricht, Netherlands in July 2016. In addition, Misic also won the award for Most Promising Designer at the Serbia Fashion Awards.
- Galina Drozd won the European FTDC and will show her collection at the next edition of the Fashion Clash in Maastricht, Netherlands in July 2016.
FASHION WEEK PRESIDENTS PRESENT AT SFW
- Jamal Abdourahman, Vancouver Fashion Week
- Adrian Mizzi, Malta Fashion Week
- Antonia Fouseki, Athens Xclusive Fashion Week
- Ean Williams, Washington D.C. Fashion Week
- Erik Rosete, Los Angeles Fashion Week and Art Heart Fashion at New York Fashion Week and Miami Fashion Week
- Mitichi, Féeric Fashion Week (Roumania)
- Branko Popovic, Fashion Clash Maastricht, Netherlands
- Julia Hendrykova, Prague Fashion Week